Enough already! It's too quiet here.
Handshakes, curtsies and bows for everyone....adverts and sales pitches.
Heck, even JS Gilbert is doing his Marcel Marceau: even quieter than usual.
To cure the general bland niceness of this place, I'll begin.
Have You Noticed:
- that Voices.com's intro page has been headlining - this is paraphrased- 'Join 75,937 (or whatever) clients who found the Perfect Voice here' for over six weeks now? I mean, the number hasn't changed.
That explains a lot, no?
- that there is more hot air at other forums than at a gondola meet? Everybody talks a fair game, but I've heard from three voice seekers in two weeks that they're getting very solid work from extremely low bidders.
And I do mean...extremely.
- that the bigger, bolder 70's style VO is becoming more prevalent on national TV and radio ads?
- that nine out of ten voice coaches have absolutely zero demos and national work examples on their sites?
- that even voicebank.com now has many weak reels (including mine) on its rolls? The apocalypse is upon us.
- that I'm not really meant to be an agitator? But somebody has to do it.